Test Engineer[ID#7072]Back To List
The successful candidate will provide support to SPAWAR SSC-PAC for the SSC-PAC C4I Test and Evaluation, IV&V, and SSA Support.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, installation, configuration, and support of client managed applications in support of the Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) lab operations.
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to Information Assurance (IA) and Configuration Management (CM) standards.
- Manages user and administrative accounts, patching, installing and supporting new virtual machines and new applications.
- Responsible to provide support capable of performing a wide variety of tasks with knowledge of Windows Server and services to include Active Directory, DFS, DNS, WINS, DHCP, Citrix, MS Office, MS Project, and other software deployed within NGEN environment.
- Assists with developing solutions for numerous projects and operational requirements.
- Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures for current and new hosted applications.
- Installs new / rebuilds existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, and storage, in accordance with project developed baseline documentations.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Investigates and troubleshoots issues and able to collaborate with other team members in a complex system and network environment.
- Repairs and recovers from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinates and communicates with impacted constituencies.
- Performs periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Performs ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Four (4) years experience in the following areas:
- Software: Citrix Xenserver, XenDesktop, XenApp Secure Gateway, Web Interface.
- Hardware: Citrix WANscaler, Citrix Netscaler, Spam Firewall.
- Meet DoD 8570.01-M requirements for IAT Level II, which includes a CompTIA Security+ certificate and an additional OS certificate (Windows, Linux/Solaris, Cisco, and/or VMware).
- Ability to successfully complete the Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education and Employment; Additionally, your ability to successfully complete a Credit and/or Driving Records Checks may be conducted if required by the contract for continued employment.
- Possession of an Interim SECRET security clearance to begin employment; US Citizenship is required.
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to appropriately apply a methodology to projects that have reasonably well-defined project requirements and deliverables.
- Ability to successfully complete drug testing based on contract requirements.
- Ability to establish working relations at all organizational levels. Demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with Government officials and program office stakeholders.
- Self-motivator with ability to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision or direction.
- Professional oral and written presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and effective problem-solving skills.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience in the use, modification, and update of software test tools.
We want to hear from you. Apply Now!